Effective date: January 24, 2016
- Personal Information we may collect and use
- System and device information
- Cookies and related technologies
- When we may share personal information
- Children and Minors
- Information storage and international transfers
- Your rights
- Email preferences
- Contacting us
- visit TeamUp.Social’s website located at stage.teamup.social, which includes all subdomains, present and future (the “Website”);
- use the mobile applications that TeamUp.Social makes available from time to time (the “Applications“); and
- use the TeamUp.Social services including TeamUp.Social Free or Paid Social Media Campaigns (the “Campaigns“).
To make this policy easier to read, we call the Website, the Applications and the Campaigns together the “Services“.
Personal information we may collect and use
Registered Users and Campaign Managers
You can only register for a TeamUp.Social account using Supported Platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and/or LinkedIn. When you register with a Supported Platform or when you link a Supported Platform to your TeamUp.Social account, we may access other information related to your social profiles. When that occurs, a prompt will inform you of the details that will be accessible by TeamUp.Social.
Campaign Managers are the users running an active Social Media Campaign onTeamUp.Social. TeamUp.Social uses Bir Points to allow Campaign Manager send campaign messages to the supporters of the campaign. Campaign Managers can buy Bir Points and maintain a balance to keep sending messages. In addition to Bir Points, Campaign Managers can offer prizes to their campaign followers. When buying Bir Points or Prizes, we collect your credit card or PayPal information, billing address, and such other information as is required to complete a commercial transaction on our site.
As a registered user of TeamUp.Social, we may also collect the following:
- information you post in the form of messages, conversations, or contributions to discussions exchanged over the Supported Platforms
- images or other files that you may publish via TeamUp.Social
- information we may receive relating to communications you send us, such as queries or comments concerning our services
- information relating to your real time location, but only where you enable your computer or mobile device to send us location information or when posting through the Supported Platforms
TeamUp.Social uses the collected information for the following general purposes:
- to identify you when you log in to your account
- to enable us to provide the Services to you
- to verify transactions you make and for billing, security, and authentication (including security tokens for communication with installed Third-Party Apps)
- to analyze the Website , Services and our visitors, including research into our user demographics and user behavior in order to improve our content and Services
- to contact you about your account and provide support
- to share aggregate (non-identifiable) statistics about users of our Services to prospective advertisers and partners
- to keep you informed of information about our Services we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, provided you have indicated you would like to be contacted for these purposes
By submitting information to TeamUp.Social when registering, you consent to the use of your information for these purposes.
System and device information
TeamUp.Social automatically collects and receives certain information from your computer or mobile device, including the activities you perform on our Website, the Campaigns, and the Applications, the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system or browser), and information obtained from cookies (see “Cookies and Related Technologies” below). For example, each time you visit the Website or otherwise use the Services, we automatically collect your IP address, browser and device type, access times, the web page from which you came, the regions from which you navigate the web page, and the web page(s) you access (as applicable) (collectively referred to as “traffic data”). We may link this traffic data to your unique TeamUp.Social user ID to better understand your needs and the needs of users in the aggregate, diagnose problems, analyze trends, provide services, improve the features and usability of our Services, and better understand and market to our customers and website users.
TeamUp.Social also makes use of non-identifiable information gathered for statistical purposes to keep track of the number of visits to the Services and Website pages with a view to introducing improvements and improve usability of our Services. This also includes where TeamUp.Social tracks certain metrics such as clicks on URLs that may have been shortened using URL Shortening Services. We may share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use our Services, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal experience. Your IP address and other relevant non-identifiable information may be used in order to trace any fraudulent or criminal activity or any activity in violation of the Terms.
Cookies and related technologies
The Services use “session cookies”, which improve your user experience by storing certain information from your current visit on your device, such as log-in information. These enable us to remember your log-in session so you can move easily within the Website or the Services. Without these cookies, we wouldn’t be able to provide the Services to you. These session cookies have limited functionalities and expirations, and you will be required to re-enter your TeamUp.Social log-in information after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account contents and related Personal Information.
TeamUp.Sociall uses a specific cookie in order to facilitate the use of Google Universal Analytics for users logged-in to the Applications or the Campaigns (“Logged-In User). If you are a Logged-In User, TeamUp.Social may use your TeamUp.Social user ID in combination with Google Universal Analytics and Google Analytics to track and analyze the pages of the Services you visit. We do this only to better understand how you use the Services and the Website, with a view to offering improvements for all TeamUp.Social users; and to tailor our business and marketing activities accordingly, both generally and specifically to you. Google Analytics cookies do not provide TeamUp.Social with any Personal Information.
We use industry best practices to keep any information collected and/or transmitted to the Supported Platforms or Third-Party Apps secure. This includes the use of HTTPS with TLS (Transport Layer Security), which encrypts all transmitted data, and OAuth 2.0 protocols for authentication and data transfer to Supported Platforms and Third-Party Apps.
Certain Personal Information, most notably tTeamUp.Social log-in details, is encrypted during transmission using TLS. Once validated within our system, passwords are deleted from our system. In addition, TeamUp.Social uses third-party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Services. These vendors have been selected for their high standards of both physical and technological security.
When payments are processed via credit card, TeamUp.Social uses third-party vendors that are PCI-DSS Compliant. At no point does TeamUp.Social have access to your credit card information.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the Internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Services whilst it is in transit over the Internet and any such submission is at your own risk, and this risk is specifically disclaimed in our Terms.
If you are a Logged-in User, it is advisable that you log out of your account at the end of every session and not leave a logged-in account unattended for any period of time, particularly if you use a shared computer or device.
When we may share Personal Information
(1) when you explicitly consent to the disclosure of such information to a third party when connecting to a third-party service that asks you if you consent to such sharing;
(2) where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders or legal process, or to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims or demands;
(3) if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person;
(4) if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding situations that involve abuse of the Services infrastructure or the Internet in general (such as voluminous spamming, denial of service attacks, or attempts to compromise the security of the Website infrastructure or the Services generally);
(5) to a parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or companies under common control with TeamUp.Social;
(7) if this information is not private, is aggregated or is otherwise non-personal information, such as your public user profile information and related public data (such as Tweets, likes, etc.) or the number of users who clicked on a particular link (even if only one did so).
Children and Minors
Information storage and international transfers
TeamUp.Social aligns itself with the Safe Harbor privacy principles as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, storage, use, transfer and other processing of Personal Data transferred from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland to the United States. While TeamUp.Social itself is not certified by the US Department of Commerce, the information that you submit via the Services is hosted on secure servers by HostGator.com, located in the United States that are certified under the Safe Harbor Scheme for transfers of Personal Information outside the European Economic Area. Safe Harbor is an EU-recognized program that provides a way for US businesses to demonstrate that they provide adequate protection for personal information transferred to it according to EU data protection standards. Further information on Safe Harbor is available from the US Department of Commerce’s website.
You can contact us to obtain a copy of the Personal Information held about you by us. This may be subject to a fee not exceeding any prescribed fee permitted by applicable law. You can also ask us to correct and, where relevant, erase that information. Please note that certain Personal Information may need to be retained by TeamUp.Social for a period of time following cancellation of your account where this is necessary for our legitimate business purposes or required by applicable law. As mentioned above you have a right to change your email preferences at any time.
You should be aware that TeamUp.Social acts as a conduit between our users and the various Supported Platforms and Third-Party Apps. In several instances, the content published via TeamUp.Social will not be in TeamUp.Social’s custody or control, and any content that has been shared by you through any Supported Platform or Third-Party Apps via the Services may continue to be available to third parties and the public at large, as this content is now under the control of the operators of the Supported Platforms and/or the Third-Party Apps.
TeamUp.Social uses email as the primary mode of communications with our users. We want to respect your privacy by only sending emails of interest to you. You can manage your email preferences, such as opting-out or unsubscribing from emails sent by TeamUp.Social, by adjusting your preferences in your account settings. You may also opt out or unsubscribe from any future email communications from within a link provided in each email correspondence that we send you.
TeamUp.Social Privacy Protection Team
c/o Bir Ventures USA Ltd.
7900 International Drive Suite 300,
Bloomington, Minnesota 55425,